Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Back Door Please #nycmta 02.28.17



As we all know .. I've been taking the bus to work for the past five years. After a while I noticed the M103 pulls into a bus stop in Chinatown with the back door lined up with a tree grading. On the average passengers have to squeeze by and/or jump over this thing to get out the back door. On some days there is a pile of garbage making it more difficult to exit off the bus.

First of all .. there is plenty of room in front of the bus allowing  the bus driver to pull up (trust me I check every time). Second .. If I was a passenger getting off via back door and saw an obstacle course when the doors opened I would walk my butt right to the front door and give the bus driver a piece of my mind before exiting. MTA want us to pay all this money (yes $2.75 is a lot of money) for crappy service; cold buses in the winter, long waits no matter the weather, crowded buses and have to deal with the occasional disgruntle bus driver. I've made several complaints to MTA about this matter and of course they send the generic response: we will have someone look into it. Well I can tell you .. no one has looked into it because it is still happening and has been happening for years. Perhaps I am the only one who is bothered by this and therefore they aren't taking my complaint (since it's probably the only one). It really is shame they don't care about the safety of their passengers and allow this to continue from day to day God knows how many times. If you don't want to take my word for it .. here are some photos I've taken through the years to back up my complaint. And yes I've sent these pics to MTA. I even have a few videos. Please ... check them out below:











Again ... NYCMTA ought to be ashamed of themselves. I guess they want to wait until someone takes a leap off the bus and end up hurting themselves. I pray that never happens ... but just in case it does remember you heard it first with my #nycmtachronicals .. and please .. hook a sistah up with a donation. Until next time .. be good and BACK DOOR PLEASE!! 





No comments: