Thursday, December 8, 2016

#nycmtachronicles 12.08.16


Hot vs Cold 
On the commute this morning I sit with my two friends who shall remain nameless to protect their identities. Lets just call them Friend A and Friend B. As far as I was concerned, the bus was very comfortable. The heat was on. It wasn't blasting but just enough to keep the coldness off the bus. Mid way through our trip a window near us pops open. I immediately felt the cold air blowing on me while Friend A and B was relieved because they were hot. We immediately went
into a hot vs cold battle. They said it's hot on the bus while I say it's not. I gave the friend closest to the window the evil eye until she reached up and closed the window. As soon as she closed it .. the window popped back open. She closed it again and again it popped open. Personally I think she wasn't trying very hard because she wanted the window to remain open. After the third try of closing the window .. it popped back open and she gave up trying. how convenient.  Need-less-to-say .. the window remained opened for the rest of the trip. I really do think it was a conspiracy between Friend A and Friend B. Next time I will get up and close it myself and it won't pop back open. Today the score was: Hot - 1 Cold - 0.


Phoebe
The bus driver's voice is so deep and raspy that he sounds like a phone sex operator. At one point I couldn't even tell what he was saying. I'm sure having his mouth all up on the phone when announcing the stops isn't helping. It really sounds like he is talking out of his nose and faking the sexiness. Matter of fact. He sounds like Phoebe from Friends on that episode when she had a cold and thought she sounded sexy when singing at Perks. My sticky shoes. My sticky, sticky shoes, why you stick on meeee ...LMAO 😝


Hey Friend
As I sit here writing this blog, I had to airdrop the above pic from my phone to my laptop. Now when you use airdrop on an iphone all nearby iphone users pop up if they have their airdrop. Four people on this bus was using their iphone. One of these days I am going to use this picture and send it to everyone who pops up on my airdrop. I swear one day I'm gonna do it!!!

A Honker
So apparently Phoebe is a honker. He has honked the horn at least 1700 times since I got on this bus. He even honked at a passing bird. And then at times he leaned on the horn. He is making entirely too much noise with that horn. Damn Phoebe give it a break. However, in spite of his raspy voice and love for the horn ... he is very nice to the passengers and drives the bus really fast which is always a good thing in my book.

Sizing things up
Why do some passengers get on the bus, dip their metro card and look around the bus like seeing if it's safe to walk down the isle. Uhmmmm hellooooo you already dipped your card. I don't know about you but once I dip my card and paid $2.75 my ass not getting off the bus. I don't care if there are four hookers, a smelly homeless person, a loud cellphone talker, 75 little kids or a zombie. Okay wait ... I think I would get off for a zombie. Everyone knows .. I DON'T DO ZOMBIES!!!

Nosy
Am I the only one who looks at other people phones to see what they are looking at? On the average most people are looking at social media, shopping or watching a movie. They are so boring .. just once I wanna catch someone looking at something they should be looking at in the privacy of their home so I can give them dirty looks. Oh and shout out to the people who screens are filled with so many cracks you can't even tell what the hell is on their phone. And a double shout out to the companies who make those privacy screen protector for phones ... they really work.

No comments: